CAD Technician / Design Engineer
Are you an Engineering Graduate or Junior Cad Technician looking to progress as a CAD Technician where you will be working with award winning, innovative products in the loading bay sector?
Transdek UK, part of the Hörmann Group, provide a range of loading bay equipment that allow its customers to run their transport and logistics more efficiently. We work with the UKs most popular names in the supply chain industry. As part of our growth, we require a further CAD Technician / Design Engineer to join our in-house team. The successful application will be working within a small team of Technicians and Engineers using 2D and 3D Cad to produce designs and production drawings for manufacture of component parts and assemblies for a range of modular loading solutions and mezzanine goods lifts.
WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR US
• Preparing site plans for discussion with customer and other external stakeholders
• Designing equipment in line with the company’s product range.
• Supporting the production office ensuring BOM’s are prepared and available for costing and manufacture.
• Supporting Sales and Marketing operations
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
A basic grasp of engineering drawing and principles including stress analysis of steel structures (preferably using Eurocodes) is required together with an appreciation of construction methods and manufacturing processes particularly involving steel fabrications.
Good communication, numeracy and IT skills together with accuracy and attention to detail are important. The ability to convert verbal and written information into two dimensional drawings for use on site for construction is required.
Experience with AutoDesk Inventor and AutoCAD Product Design Suite software is essential, and a knowledge of Vault and Windchill would be desirable
The post would be suitable for a recent engineering graduate looking to develop their career in a friendly and challenging environment.
The work will link in across many areas of the company and involve close links with the production factory and occasional site surveys at customers sites.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
• A friendly office environment with your own workstation
• A supportive, experienced team from which you can learn and develop the role
• 33 days holiday, including bank holiday
• Christmas shutdown
• Pension scheme with up to 5% matched by the company
• Easily accessible from the A1 with onsite parking
• Opportunities for career progression